Wednesday 14 March 2012

A Lenten Prayer

Have mercy on me, O God, in your great goodness;
according to the abundance of your compassion
blot out my offences

Wash me thoroughly from my wickedness
and cleanse me from my sin.

For I acknowledge my faults
and my sin is ever before me.

Against you only have I sinned 
and done what is evil in your sight,

So that you are justified in your sentence
and righteous in your judgement.

Cast me not away from your presence
and take not your holy spirit from me.

Give me again the joy of your salvation
and sustain me with your gracious spirit;

Then shall I teach your ways to the wicked
and sinners shall return to you.

Deliver me from my guilt, O God,
the God of my salvation,
and my tongue shall sing of your righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment